Why do you need a coach?
This quote from Don Clifton sums up this question well:
“People who know and are able to use their strengths every day:
- have higher levels of energy and vitality
- are more likely to achieve their goals
- are more confident
- perform better at work
- are more engaged at work
- experience less stress”
Is coaching appropriate for you?
If you want to shift your thinking or behavior, change your mindset, create a new habit, become more confident, focused, improve your work-life balance AND you are ready to take the necessary steps, you will greatly benefit from having a coach.
How do you select a coach?
The following are some points to bear in mind when selecting a coach:
- A coach needs to be knowledgeable in their area of expertise.
- Experience and accreditation are important.
- Having rapport with your coach is critical.
- Seek a free preliminary consultation to make sure there is a connection and it is a fit for your need. When you find someone that works well for you, stick with them.
How does coaching work?
Coaching is a process. It can evolve differently over time with each person. Coaching is a solution-focused process that helps you clarify what you want and focus on the appropriate strategies for success. Frequently, if we know what we want we can still get in our own way. Coaching helps keep your eye on why your goals and dreams are important, this is coupled with accountability to maintain your focus and momentum. Leverage your ability to own your own stuff.