“It is a particular way of viewing things that depends on one’s experience and personality.” -American Dictionary
In my previous blog, I shared one of my favorite perspectives. In order to get out of our way, we need to question our answers. The way to get better answers is to ask better questions. Let me give you an example:
If we find ourselves spinning in uncertainty or indecision, we have the ability to stop and breathe. If we pause to question the beliefs that are stopping us from being proactive, it is like scanning for malware. Those hidden operating programs can run undetected and corrupt our thought processes and well-being. We can get so caught up in old patterns of thinking that were perhaps true for us as younger women, yet are outdated and irrelevant to where we are right now. By challenging our perspective, we challenge those patterns of behavior that influence our ability to say either yes or no to an opportunity, a bigger perspective and live up to our greatest potential.
These points I have listed below can reframe our perspective and inner script. This shift is what ultimately determines our future personally and professionally!
The keys are:
- Ask yourself, “is this belief actually true?”
- If so, ask yourself, “what evidence do I have that it is still true today?”
- Then be very aware of the words you use when you talk to yourself. Do your words compel you to stay in the game or do you yield to the inner critic which stops your momentum?
- View your life as a journey. If you are fixated on the end result, you will miss out on possibilities that you could be experiencing and learning from along the way.
- Sprinkle the word “yet” into your inner dialogue. If you’re struggling with a task, remind yourself that you just haven’t mastered it… “yet”. That you are a life learner and an overcomer.
- Take on challenges. Stretch and don’t shy away from bigger opportunities. Making mistakes is one of the best ways to learn and grow. Embrace those big ideas!
If this has sparked something and you realize you are ready to examine your operating system and inner dialogue, I would love to hear from you. I have personally seen the transformational power of this work in my own life as well as the lives of my clients. Let’s chat!
Here is the scheduling link to create time to talk about how this applies to you:
Join Circle of Trust!
A proactive way to tend to your soul through connection is to sign up to join the Circle of Trust with this link.
As Oscar Wilde reminds me daily, “Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.”